East Suffolk Business Festival is back next month following its successful launch last year.
This year’s festival will focus on communication, collaboration and positive promotion with a packed two-week programme of business and training events taking places across the whole district.
Nick Looby, owner of Feet on the Ground whose clients include BBC and Disney, kicks off the festival on Monday 4th November at 7.30am in Lowestoft. The breakfast event will include presentations and workshops that will enable delegates to take a positive and creative approach to problem-solving and maximising opportunities in their local area.
Cllr Craig Rivett, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Economic Development, said:
“It is fantastic that the Business Festival is returning following its successful launch last year. This year, we are building on that success to make it even bigger and better! The District has such strong and diverse local economy and this festival really showcases the opportunities and support available to East Suffolk businesses.”
The festival is organised by East Suffolk Council and the event are being delivered by Breakaway East, Suffolk Chamber of Commerce, Suffolk Chamber in Lowestoft & Waveney, New Anglia Growth Hub, Flyer Group, Nwes, Lowestoft Heritage Action Zone, Lowestoft Vision, Santander, East Suffolk Partnership and Innovation Martlesham.
The aim of the Business Festival is to raise the profile of the East Suffolk business community as well as creating opportunities for businesses to connect with each other and grow their business.
The first ever Business Festival was held in 2018 and saw over 1,100 people attend 31 events, over 120 people attend training sessions and over 57 people receiving one-to-one business advice during the 10-day programme.
Other events in the two-week programme include:
Tuesday 5th November
- Import Procedures Training Course at Ufford Park, Woodbridge
- Finding the One - Recruiting the Right People for the Right Roles at Melton Parish Council, Melton
- Tendering Opportunities Workshop in East Suffolk at East Suffolk House, Woodbridge
Wednesday 6th November
- Felixstowe & Suffolk Business Exhibition at Orwell Hotel, Felixstowe
Thursday 7th November
- Mastering and Understanding Finance for Business at Hotel Victoria, Lowestoft
- Digital Marketing at Framlingham Technology Centre, Framlingham
Friday 8th November
- Going Green to Benefit Business at Ufford Park, Woodbridge
Monday 11th November
- Referral Marketing – Getting Customers to Do Your Selling for You at Leiston Enterprise Centre, Leiston
- 1st Steps to Start-Up – FREE 2 Day Workshop at North Seat Suffolk Business Centre, Lowestoft
Tuesday 12th November
- Communicating to Win – From Networking to Winning Bids at Framlingham Technology Centre, Framlingham
- 1st Steps to Start-Up – FREE 2 Day Workshop at North East Suffolk Business Centre, Lowestoft
- Santander Breakthrough in Branch at Santander, Lowestoft
Wednesday 13th November
- Business Opportunities at Mobbs Way Enterprise Zone, Lowestoft
- Business Opportunities at South Lowestoft Enterprise Zone, Lowestoft
- Business Opportunities at Ellough Enterprise Zone, Beccles
Thursday 14th November
- Breakaway East Big Breakfast at Hotel Victoria, Lowestoft
- An Introduction to Media Training (Press & Radio) at Halesworth Golf Club, Halesworth
- Digital Marketing at Riverside Business Centre, Lowestoft
Friday 15th November
- East Suffolk Partnership Annual Forum at Trinity Park, Ipswich
- Getting to Grips with Writing Skills for Business at Kesgrave Hall, Kesgrave
- Suffolk Chamber of Commerce in Lowestoft & Waveney Business Awards at Ivy House Country Hotel, Lowestoft
Monday 18th November
- Customer Retention – How Good is Your Wrap at Adastral Park, Martlesham Heath
There are still more events being confirmed. For more information or to sign up to any of the events, please visit the dedicated festival website at www.eastsuffolkbusinessfestival.org
You can also stay updated by following @ESMBiz on Twitter or ‘East Suffolk Means Business’ on Facebook and Linkedin.